Friday 12 August 2011

Pleasant surprise

There was a knock on my door last evening at about 7-30p.m. and I thought it might be my Muslim neighbour bringing me some food (an almost daily happening) but it was a stranger. He asked if I was Mr Southall and I said yes I was and he said I have brought you this and gave me a hardback copy of the New International Bible which was a free gift I had qualified for by completing ten bible quizzes.
I had expected to receive the Bible through the post so it was a pleasant surprise to receive it by personal delivery and we chatted for a while and although I didn't know the man we had some mutual acquaintances.
If you might be interested in this either for yourself or to encourage people you know to engage with the Bible more the quizzes can be found at www.freebible.org.uk

No comments: