Saturday 6 August 2011

A challenge to meet have I.

Our district synod is meeting in Walsall in September and I asked if we were having a bookshop as I though it might be a good opportunity to have my book of vestry prayers for year B of the revised common lectionary on sale (Year B starts the first Sunday in Advent 2011). I was at coffee morning at Pleck Methodist Church this morning and one of the circuit stewards said that there would be a bookstall and they would be willing to sell copies of the book.

That was fair enough but then one of the folk from Pleck said what happened to the other two years of prayers which I had said I was going to write. I said I hadn’t got round to it and she said I really ought to. She does have a point as most of the churches in our circuit use the book when I am preaching and often comment on how useful they find it. So the challenge now is to write prayers for Year C to publish middle of next year so they can go on sale around September.

I will keep you updated on progress here – I am four chapters into a follow up to my other book about my childhood so I may need to do a bit of work on both – hope I don’t get confused.

No comments: