Monday 19 May 2008

Count your blessings!

I am preparing to go out to speak at a meeting in a church I have never been to, having been invited by a colleague at work who reminded me this afternoon that I had said my topic would be 'Count you blessings'. My wife is coming with me so we will sing the hymn by Johnson Oatman Junior which was published in 1897 but still has a lot to say to us today. I was having a conversation today with another colleague at work about the tragic events that have been happening the past couple of weeks and the death tolls in these events. I am grateful for all the British weather that we live in what is a relatively safe haven with heat and light and running water and that according to a website I looked at recently but can't remember the link - I am in the top 5% of the worlds richest people, and there I thought I was poor.
I may well return to this topic and if I can find the website again I will put a link to it here so that you can look how rich you are!!

No comments: