Tuesday 11 March 2008

Glasgow was Great!!

Well folks I am back from Glasgow where we had a wonderful weekend in a super guest house called the Onslow and I did worry it might be a little like the character from Keeping up appearances - it was not! We would certainly go there again and would quite happily recommend it to anyone wanting somewhere to stay in Glasgow.
The main reason for going of course was to see the Gaither Homecoming tour date at the Clyde Auditorium (Armadillo) and my wife had not suspected anything unitl we were in the actual auditorium and they were playing some Gaither music.
It was a thrill to be part of the capacity audience (3,000) and see and hear and join in with the Gaither Homecoming Friends in what turned out to be a concert lasting almost three hours.
My son has forbidden me from talking about it because he says I am too enthusiastic and will do his head in, but it was a great night and a super weekend.
My only moan is that very few churches around the area seem to want anyone to know what time there services are - even the one that had a website but no service times either on the board outside where I got the web address from or on the website and the phone number on the board never got answered.

No comments: