Thursday 22 July 2010

Just a thought

“But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” (Matthew 16:15-16)

Now here's an interesting question that was posed to Simon Peter but you know we could easily be asked the same question. 'Who do you say I am?' Jesus says to Simon Peter.

I wonder what our answer would be if Jesus were to ask us the same thing? Would we say what Simon Peter said or would our answer be a little less positive. Would our answer be influenced by the thinking in our wider society, would we not be positive in our response in case we upset someone else or would we go for it with no thought of any potential consequences?

I am fairly sure a lot of my readers might say the same thing but there may also be readers who would not - because they have never realised the truth that he is the Christ the son of the living God!

No comments: