Tuesday 4 September 2007

Synod - Place for odd sinners?

Going to my first district synod in 23 years this Saturday. Last time I went I got elected to go to conference the following year in Plymouth - must remember to duck this time!
I always refer to synod as the place for odd sinners and you know it may not be that far from the truth, after all the Bible does tell us that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. I take great comfort from the fact that the apostle Paul said he was the chief of sinners because it means there must be hope for me.
Been checking out some more blogs this week by using the links on the blogs I read regularly and there are some real deep theological blogs out there as well as many more light hearted ones. I really do think that sometimes we can be too serious and we lose our joy - I like the was John puts things in Revelation when he talks about a new Jerusalem and her people will be full of joy - I always think God has a sense of humour, especially when I look in the mirror each morning and lets be honest what about the duck billed platypus - surely that was a joke - it couldn't be a serious effort surely?

No comments: